Fish or Chicken or Pork or Beef with Japanese flavoring
(For vegetarian, you will be served all the side dishes below instead of the main dish)
Pick two dishes!
1. Simmered squash with soy-sauce, dashi, mirin, and sugar)
2. Boiled spinach with a sprinkle of sesame
3. Simmered carrot flavored with ume (salted Japanese plum) and soy sauce
4. Natto (fermented soybeans)
To be served with Miso soup and Rice (white or brown)
For the main, choose one from the dishes below;
1. Simmered fish or chicken with Japanese daikon radish flavored with dashi, soy-sauce, cooking sake, and sugar)
2. Niku-jaga (simmered pork, potato, and onion flavored with Japanese seasonings)
3. Chicken soup with Japanese Shiitake mushroom, green onion, garlic, and ginger flavored with Japanese seasonings
All the menus are Japanese home-style dishes, using Japanese flavoring, such as dashi (Japanese-style soup stock), soy sauce, mirin (sweet cooking rice wine), cooking sake, and miso (soybean paste).
Hi, I'm Rika. I love Japanese cooking and do cooking almost everyday. I am interested in different cultures and I enjoy talking with people from various countries.I have lived in Australia and Canada for 3 years and 1.5 years each, in which I learned English conversation skills.
I now live in Asakusa, which is one of the best famous sightseeing spot in Japan. I can show you around this area if you are interested in.
Looking forward to having Japanese dishes with you!
Visit my instagram to see more cooking pics!
Instagram account: shira_rika
The closest station
Tawaramachi Station 7 minutes walk
How to get to the station?
From Asakusa Station 15 minutes walk, Ueno Station 20 minutes walk: 0mins
Free pick up service
This host can pick up you for free from the closest station!
Exact location provided after booking.
Please go to Tawaramachi Station 7 minutes walk which takes 0 mins from Asakusa Station 15 minutes walk, Ueno Station 20 minutes walk. Then Rika (host) will pick you up there!
Duration of this cooking class is hours.
Up to 2 people can join Rika's cooking class.
Yes, Japanese-style dishes (fish/chicken/pork/beef with some seasonal vegetables) has a vegetarian option.
It costs 1000 per person.
You will receive the confirmation within 24 hours.
We accepts these cards on airKitchen.
Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the class begins will be fully refunded by the airKitchen cancellation policy.