Main dish choices (Choose 3 main dishes):
1) Sai Aou - Chiang Mai Sausage
2) Mix local vegetable curry with chicken OR Sun Dried Fish OR Frog - (can make for vegetarian)
3) Hot & sour local chicken soup with tamarind leaf
4) Kaeng Hung Lay" - Pork belly Burmese style curry (Chiang Mai Curry)
5) Northern Thai red curry with Pumpkin (can make for vegetarian)
6) Abb Pla - Grilled Fish wrap in banana leaf
7) Abb Moo- Grilled minced pork wrap in banana leaf
8) Tom Yam Jin Kai - Chicken northern Thai style spicy soup
9) Tom Yam Kob - Frogs northern Thai style spicy soup
10) Yum Nor Mai - Bamboo shoot local salad (By season) (can make for vegetarian)
11) Koey Soi Kai - Chiang Mai noodles with chicken (can make for vegetarian)
12) Naam Prick Noom - Green northern Thai chili dipping paste (can make for vegetarian)
13) Naam Prick Oong - Tomato northern Thai chili dipping paste (can make for vegetarian)
14) Kaeng Hed - Mix mushroom local curry with Sun Dried Fish (can make for vegetarian)
15) Taam Kanoon - Young Jack fruit salad with Pork (can make for vegetarian)
16) Laab Moo Kao - Chiang Mai minced pork spicy salad
17) Tom Yum Hed - Mushroom local spicy soup (can make for vegetarian)
18) Laab Pla: Minced fish spicy salad (can make for vegetarian)
19) Kaeng Kanun: Young Jack fruit local curry (can make for vegetarian)
20) Saa Plee: Fresh banana flower spicy salad with minced pork (can make for vegetarian)
21) Kanoom Jean Naam Gaew - Rice local noodle with pork & blood curry soup
22) Tam Mamong - Green mango spicy salad with dried fish (By season) (can make for vegetarian)
23) Kaeng Aom - Mix Pork meat Chiang Mai red curry
Dessert Choices (Choose 1 dessert):
1) Kanom Wong (can make for vegetarian)
2) Kanom Krok - Thai coconut pudding (can make for vegetarian)
3) Kabong - Deep fried pumpkin (can make for vegetarian)
Pick up by your host, " Then she will take you to visit the local market and continue to her house by local transport or private car. (Within 3 kilometers from Chiang Mai Old City)
Visiting the organic garden.
Cooking Lanna food together, just like family, talking & sharing experiences with the host family.
The food will be Northern Thai food or Lanna food in the Lanna cuisine, cooked with charcoal stove and clay pot.
Having a meal together as locals do. The place is in the Countryside, surround by rice fields, fruit orchards and organic garden that will get you in touch with the real locals and you will learn something new. See how locals live, share their culture and eat together with them.
Sa was dee Kha (Hello), My name is "Panphailin" but you can call me "Lin".
I am a local expert about cooking and touring in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I love to cook to share my knowledge of cooking and I love to see people enjoy the Thai and Lanna cuisine experience and Chiang Mai locals experience. With my knowledge and skill from the university and as a professional Social Science Researcher, I show the true culture of Chiang Mai locals. I love to share our Thai and Lanna cultures thru cooking, traveling and opening our place for stay.
The closest station
How to get to the station?
From Chiang Mai: 0mins
Free pick up service
This host can pick up you for free from the closest station!
Exact location provided after booking.
Up to 6 people can join Panphailin's cooking class.
Yes, Chiang Mai Lanna Cooking Experience with the locals!! has a vegetarian option.
Please go to Chiang Mai which takes 0 mins from Chiang Mai. Then Panphailin (host) will pick you up there!
It costs 103 per person.
Yes, Chiang Mai Lanna Cooking Experience with the locals!! has a vegan option.
Duration of this cooking class is 7 hours.
You will receive the confirmation within 24 hours.
We accepts these cards on airKitchen.
Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the class begins will be fully refunded by the airKitchen cancellation policy.