Along with ramen and soba, udon is one of the most popular traditional Japanese noodle dishes. In this online cooking class, you can learn how to make udon noodles from scratch, with simple but tasty soy sauce flavored soup for the udon and crispy vegetable tempura for the topping.
Welcome to my unique "dancing on the dough" on-line udon experience -- the only cooking class on the internet that lets you have fun burning off the calories before you put them back on with a hearty meal.
No noodles? No problem! All you need is a bit of flour and a few other simple ingredients.
It’s a great way to get together with absent friends and relatives.
Vegetarian and vegan options are available, so please let me know when you book.
* First, we make the dough for the udon noodles from flour and water.
* Second, we knead the dough — with feet, not hands! We dance on the dough! You’ll need clean feet, a clean floor and a sturdy plastic bag. Show me your best moves as we party to J-Pop and anime hits and create the softest, smoothest dough you've ever seen.
* Third, we make a special soup for the udon, with a broth made of bonito flakes. Vegetarians can use alternative ingredients.
* Fourth, we make crispy vegetable tempura.
* Finally, we put it all together and sit down to a delicious bowl of piping hot udon!
"Itadakimasu” (Look it up!)
Hi! I’m Manami. I love cooking and meeting people. My husband is British and a lot of his family members are vegetarian or vegan, so I have been making vegetarian and vegan Japanese cuisine for them for many years and they love it. I know there are only a few vegetarian and vegan options in Japan, but I would like you to enjoy Japanese food culture.
The closest station
How to get to the station?
From Odawara station : 10mins
Exact location provided after booking.
Sabrina, United States of America★★★★★
I absolutely loved my vegetarian tempura and udon course with Manami! I had a blast dancing on the dough with her and learning how to make noodles for the first time. I wish I could share a photo of the food in this review - it was so delicious and definitely worth taking the time to learn! The entire class was memorable and I hope to take classes again with her soon. Thank you Manami!
Response from Manami
Up to 20 people can join Manami's cooking class.
Yes, 【ONLINE UDON FROM SCRATCH】【JST9:00am-/12pm-】Dancing On The Dough To Make Japanese Udon And Crispy Tempura! has a vegan option.
Duration of this cooking class is 2 hours.
Yes, 【ONLINE UDON FROM SCRATCH】【JST9:00am-/12pm-】Dancing On The Dough To Make Japanese Udon And Crispy Tempura! has a vegetarian option.
It costs 3000 per person.
You will receive the confirmation within 24 hours.
We accepts these cards on airKitchen.
Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the class begins will be fully refunded by the airKitchen cancellation policy.