Authentic Japanese Tea Ceremony in Kyoto machiya house by qualified teacher
You can share in an authentic Japanese Tea Ceremony in authentic Japanese style [Machiya] house built in 140years ago.
You will learn Japanese history and details and
1) How to participate in the tea ceremony
2) How to make matcha tea
3) How to make matcha and the polite manner
If you come with friends or family, you can make tea for each other.
I am a licensed teacher from the Omotesenke school of tea here in Kyoto. Please come and join us for a real experience of the tea ceremony. I can help you understand the significance of the Way of Tea, and welcome all your questions. We are the member of Kyoto City Tourism Association.
*Please let me know if you would like to use the chair.
* You can take your pictures just before and after the class.
* Please do not take pictures and videos for the demonstration and other guests.
* The class lasts for about 60 minutes
* Only participants for experience are available to enter the tea ceremony room.
* You need to be our place no later than 5 minutes before the experience.
* Once a session begins, you cannot enter the classroom. Your reservation is regarded as cancelled at this moment.
* A cancellation charge of 100% will arise to cancel on the experience day.
* Please be sure to check the location and time carefully before you come to class.
Hi, I’m Aya, owner of SAKURA Experience Japanese Culture in Kyoto,Japan.
I was born in Kyoto in 1967 and I still live in the center of town as teacher for various kind of Japanese traditional culture.
I had 3000 or more guests from all over the world since I opened my classroom in the summer 2018.
I hold a number of teaching licences in Tea, Ikebana and Shodō so it’s possible to take all kinds of classes.
Also I am qualified instructor of Japan Sushi Academy for sushi.
My husband is a descendant of a large trading family from the Edo period called Ito. His ancestor became the Shogun’s garden advisor and developed the Somei Yoshino variety of cherry blossom which is now the Japanese national flower.
We are pleased to offer you our cultural classes for you!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
See you at my class!
The closest station
How to get to the station?
From Kyoto Statioin: 10mins
Exact location provided after booking.
Shannon Adkins, United States of America★★★★★
My brother and I enjoyed our tea ceremony with Aya so much! I was a little nervous going into it but Aya made me feel at ease, providing clear and friendly direction. She also shared a lot of interesting history with us as well as recommendations for food and shops in the area. I will be attending another class with Aya in the future when I return to Kyoto! Thank you!!
Response from Aya
Yes, Authentic Tea Ceremony in Kimono with qualified teacher in the center of Kyoto has a vegetarian option.
It costs 4400 per person.
Yes, Authentic Tea Ceremony in Kimono with qualified teacher in the center of Kyoto has a vegan option.
Duration of this cooking class is 1 hours.
Up to 4 people can join Aya's cooking class.
You will receive the confirmation within 24 hours.
We accepts these cards on airKitchen.
Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the class begins will be fully refunded by the airKitchen cancellation policy.